Brett Dick, Bailey Higgins, James Page and Joe Rust placed first in Biotechnology Design.
Logan Ivy and Dalton Stuard took first place in Technology Problem Solving.
Bailey Higgins earned second-place honors in Dragster Design.
Conner Bunch and Cameron Johnson finished third place in Debating Technological Issues.
Many other students placed in the top 10 in various events:
• Justin Fields and Cameron Johnson, Technology Problem Solving, fourth;
• Caleb Carter, Lauren Hunsicker, Lindsey Hunsicker and Matthew Vick, fifth;
• Lilly Davis, Logan Ivy, Emily Powell, Derek Schmidt, Jackson Shambaugh and Trevor Thomason, Children’s Stories, fifth;
• Joshua Edwards, Extemporaneous Speech, fifth;
• Ashlyn Sanders, Prepared Presentation, fifth;
• Preston Daniel, Justin Fields, Joe Humphrey, Emily Powell and Bailey Scruggs, Biotechnology Design, sixth;
• Caleb Carter, Dillon Castleberry, Makayla Curtis, Justin Fields, Cameron Johnson and Bailey Scruggs, Children’s Stories, sixth;
• Brett Dick and Jacob Goble, Debating Technological Issues, sixth;
• Conner Bunch, Prepared Presentation, sixth;
• Joshua Edwards, Hayden Roth and Derek Schmidt, Technology Bowl, seventh;
• Thad Daniel, Jackson Shambaugh and Trevor Thomason, Technology Bowl, eighth.
The following SHS students will participate in the state TSA competition April 11-14 in Chattanooga: Bailey Higgins, James Page, Joe Rust, Justin Fields, Cameron Johnson, Derek Schmidt, Jackson Shambaugh, Trevor Thomason, Conner Bunch, Joshua Edwards, Hayden Roth, Thad Daniel, Logan Ivy and Dalton Stuard.
The Career and Technical Education (CTE) Pathways of Study competing are Web Design and Engineering by Design.
The TSA sponsors at Sycamore are John Staggs and Adam Fleetwood.