After achieving the milestone in the 2015-2016 fiscal year, the district followed up with another clean audit in the 2016-2017 fiscal year. This means the district’s school funds audit report was completed without any findings.
Finance & Operations Specialist Angela Patterson and the district bookkeepers were recognized at the Oct. 2 Cheatham County School Board meeting to celebrate the achievement.
“The audit of the Cheatham County School District reveals a strong system that allows for accurate financial reporting. The district has created a successful process of checks and balances that helps protect taxpayer money,” said Director of Schools Dr. Cathy Beck.
The district conducts ongoing training classes, which provides the bookkeepers with the tools they need to achieve success.
Congrats to our bookkeepers!
• Misty Mayo, Ashland City Elementary School
• Teresa Nuckols, East Cheatham Elementary School
• Dana Brown, Kingston Springs Elementary School
• Melissa Riopelle, Pegram Elementary School
• Tracy Michon, Pleasant View Elementary School
• Marissa Binkley, West Cheatham Elementary School
• Amy Jones, Cheatham Middle School
• Cindy Wells, Harpeth Middle School
• Sherrie Everett, Sycamore Middle School
• Michelle Denney, Cheatham County Central High School
• Pam Bryant, Harpeth High School
• Sherri Shambaugh, Sycamore High School